In this episode Niki talks to Geoff Pound, personal trainer and specialist in sports medicine.
- being raised in the States with Kiwi parents
- Geoff’s thoughts around the difference between University study in the States vs New Zealand
- Geoff’s journey from history, to Sports Medicine to Strength and Conditioning.
- a discussion around qualifications in the Personal Training industry
- transitioning into more regulated qualifications in the fitness industry
- the risks involved in training us as we age and our bodies carry long term injuries
- Geoff’s journey to living in New Zealand and working in rugby
- Living in Palmerston North in New Zealand and it’s merits
- Working in rugby and Geoff’s desire to go further
- What does strength and conditioning mean as opposed to being a personal trainer
- Why Geoff chose to work in the gym environment
- Niki talks about her gym experience as someone who has attended the gyms for many years.
@poundperformance on Instagram